Burritoville

The Netscape-friendly hunt for the perfect urban food log.

Tuesday, February 05, 2002

I found a kind of a cool page, devoted to The Flying Burrito Brothers. In the '70s, I was a little skeptical of the whole Gram-Parsons-is-God thing -- his kind of country rock seemed too emotional, too overdone with the pedal steel. As I've gotten older, I guess I've become more tolerant of the hokey. The guy maintaining this web site is obviously a long-time fanatic.

Still no luck in finding a pupusa blog. I may have to start my own.

The worst burritos in California, in my opinion, are made by the High Tech chain. I have no philosophical objection to offering spinach tortillas and brown rice as an option, but burritos must be juicy and juicy the High Tech burritos are not. Also, I'm sorry, but zucchini has no place in a burrito. (To be honest, I think zucchini is a waste of space on any plate.)

Hey, what's up with this? The San Francisco Chronicle sends a reviewer to Los Comales who ... doesn't like burritos. Gee, I've got a great idea; let's send someone to Mark Morris who hates modern dance. Or wait -- how about having Joel Selvin cover the opera?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home